Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:39 am 
8) Watch it chaps cause nasty man is on to you and if you are hiring a plate i can garantee you it won't be long before it's off your car i have been to the cabs office already and shopped quite a few so you better watch yourselves. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:50 am 
Nastyman wrote:
8) Watch it chaps cause nasty man is on to you and if you are hiring a plate i can garantee you it won't be long before it's off your car i have been to the cabs office already and shopped quite a few so you better watch yourselves. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jESUS GET A LIFE MAN.

Post subject: whoooooooooo!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:13 pm 
So then, for the naive ones out there - what's a hired plate!?!!?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:29 pm 

It's when someone was given a plate many moons ago, but doesn't use it anymore.

What should be done, is that plate be returned to the council, and then re-issued to another driver on the waiting list.

But it's doesn't go back. :( :( :( :( :(

The owner that no-longer works, rents that plate out to someone else.

That someone else has to buy, run and insure the vehicle, and pay a rent for the plate.

The words, [edited by admin] system, [edited by admin] people, spring to mind. :( :( :( :( :(

Post subject: Nastyman
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:31 pm 
Hi nasty man,you snitch.

I have a hired plate.

My name is no telling and I work out of,em no telling,and I drive a,
em no telling.

nough clues?

Have a nice day,Mr EHM NO TELLING.(catch me if you can.)

Post subject: Re: whoooooooooo!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:18 pm 

novice wrote:
So then, for the naive ones out there - what's a hired plate!?!!?!

In P&K they get round it by forming a partnership and must show the council a 'deed of co-partnery'

Post subject: Re: Nastyman
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:35 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Hi nasty man,you snitch.

I have a hired plate.

em no telling.

nough clues?

You think i wont catch you eh well think again cause their are ten guys including myself and we have about 20 names already to go and hand in and you are probably top of list eat dirt sucker and kiss your hired plate goodbye and buy a wav... :P

Post subject: Re: Nastyman
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:21 am 
nastyman wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Hi nasty man,you snitch.

I have a hired plate.

em no telling.

nough clues?

You think i wont catch you eh well think again cause their are ten guys including myself and we have about 20 names already to go and hand in and you are probably top of list eat dirt sucker and kiss your hired plate goodbye and buy a wav... :P

Nastyman,

just as a matter of interest do you have private health assurance?

thought you got broken legs for the kind of behaviour you display?

I suspect not and reading your posts you did not get a priveleged education either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:21 pm 
nastyman you wouldnt by any chance be a saloon owner who didnt care about hired plates untill after the town was open are you?i was one of the people who had their name on the waiting list and i on several occasions asked the council why they didnt just open the town but they showed no interest, when i talked to saloon owners there reply was it doesnt affect me so im not interested, even when i pointed out there was 500 names on the list and the council had already said people were complaining on a weekly basis they still were not interested, i asked a few hacks what if the council bow to pressure and open the town it was always the same reply, we have a survey in place they cant open the town, now after a shock report the town is open the council have killed two birds with one stone they hit the hired plates (more have been handed back than people think)
and they got a load of wavs(on thursday the estimate for applications to be heard ranges from 30-63)now suddenly the saloon owners dont like hired plates,but its all too late if a guy loses his hired plate he will just put on a wav so there is no difference,the only problem now is if they get a wav and try to run the hired plate at the same time ,i only know of one person who is doing this but if he,s caught and ruled to be unfit to run a taxi both hired and wav plate will be lost so it is a big gamble and not many will take that chance....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:46 pm 
Well said scot and i am a saloon driver but i am only saying what is right it effects everyone and all the better when the hired plates are returned.

Post subject: Nastyman
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:36 pm 
Thought you would be a saloon car operator,things getting tough eh.
Be like the rest of the guys,get yourself a Wav and make money.
the more of you legal guys go to the wall,the better of us hired plates.
Get a life.

Catch me if you can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:21 pm 
i wouldnt get too cocky about this faced with a massive tax bill the plate owner may name you then there,s your drivers to think of what if they get questioned ?lie for you and the plate owner admits hiring the plate you are all out the buisness, every driver i know if cornered by the enforcement officer would simply tell him i hand so and so the money and thats all i know but that could be enough to nail you and what about the owners of the offices do you think they will risk their buisness to cover for you?mr enforcement officer strolls into office asks who runs this vehicle your name will; be mentioned (credits,fees,pin numbers)my advice is to stay quiet and really look at the advantages of putting on your own wav,
my money has statred to dip for the first time during the week and this will continue over the next few months ,many ops are looking to cut down the fleet because of this at the moment they cant do anything about the wavs but they can do something about the hired plates,id like to know why you prefer hiring a plate rather than put on youre own wav?it surely cant be cost ,a hired plate 50 quid a doblo 54 quid think about it dont wait till its too late once the enforcement officer has you he wont let go....

Post subject: Scot
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:26 pm 
Why are you so concerned,you have your own Wav,your choice,everyone has their own mind to make up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:12 pm 

I don't think he is concerned, he is just proud to be legit. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:36 pm 
im not concerned i waited over a decade for my plate thanks to hired plates but i have one now so they are not a major problem to me unfortunatly most of the people who hire the plates are actually ok, thats why im giving advice , its the owners who are the problem ,then you get the odd trouble maker shouting his mouth off when he should be silent, as far as im concerned everybody,s entitled to make a living off this job if you want to hire a plate fair enough but untill recently people who were going by the rules were being left out,we now have a situation where the genuine hacks realise that more could have been done (even disgusted wife posted that private hire plates which account for a large percentage of new wavs deserve them although she has not given her postion on hired plates)as one of the 500 on the waiting list for over 10 years nobody has explained why i should sit back and watch as 200 people jump in front of me ,if you were standing in a post office queued
for 20 mins and somebody jumped infront would you say nothing ?well exchange the 20 mins for 10 years and change the one person to 200 get the message?....