Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:36 pm 
ive just had a talk with another taxi person (a friend) and id like to anounce that i will never mention hired plates on this site again,seems im being missunderstood, the hired plates ive know for many years who thought they were doing no harm i want to survive ,the other mouth pieces i could,t care less about,tomorrow there will be some more licenses
granted i will post the total here, next week there will be more taxi personel shouting about there earnings i will leave it to them to disscus the hired plates,as they probably are more entitled to it,s just they didn,t know ,so ill leave the hired plate situation here and you never know in 25 years time i may be willing to rent you my plate ..........................

Post subject: Scot
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:22 pm 
No,No,No,you seem to be changing your story with each posting.

Post subject: Re: Scot
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:36 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
No,No,No,you seem to be changing your story with each posting.

Welcome to the world of taxi/PH forums. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:49 pm 
only 23 new plates granted this month ,i think the numbers will get smaller every month but its taxicard or nothing now i cant wait to see how this is going to work...
http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/outpu ... 980t0.shtm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:23 pm 
How can the taxicard scheme work,when only one company officially has this scheme and is working it to their own benefit,and dictating who they will allow in or not.
It looks as if there is a tie up with Tay Taxis,so that is two companies the new Wavs could be forced to join,if they let them.
Council has and is digging a bigger hole for themselves,and it could come to the position,where a two tier system has to be created.
Wheelchair and non wheelchair.
It gets better every day.

Also how come the council,who is against discrimination,is discriminating the new Wavs in telling them which office they can or cannot work out of.
It gets better by the hour.

More water for the fire,Gungadin.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:27 pm 
Thought there was another company,in Dundee,who has been trading in the wheelchair business,for a few years,watch 504040,can they bring in cars?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:46 pm 
8) I like the bit in the telegraph tonight were it says the 72 wav plates that are already on will be asked VOLUNTERALY to join the taxi card scheme then further down it says if they don't join there licences will be resticted what the hell does that mean i though voluntarely means exacltly that without conditions the council in dundee are a ha ha team they are so F****D up. :lol: 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:29 am 
cool dude wrote:
8) I like the bit in the telegraph tonight were it says the 72 wav plates that are already on will be asked VOLUNTERALY to join the taxi card scheme then further down it says if they don't join there licences will be resticted what the hell does that mean i though voluntarely means exacltly that without conditions the council in dundee are a ha ha team they are so F****D up. :lol: 8)

it means this. councils issue licenses for 1 year and they may change the bye laws (cool point taxis cant have conditions) so they invite them in then if no change the licence next time.

either way they are behaving unlawfully.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:47 am 
as always everything is totally unclear but there was mention of mobile phones which could be the answer ,i think you can still work through your own office only you will get thetaxicard work through 203020 at a substantial cost gossip is 400 - 500 for swipe plus meter to work from it
and do you think you have a chance at any decent jobs ,ive a feeling they will be going into certain cars, teles only asked the council for the taxicards now is the time to start pushing people higher than the council
over this nobody has given an answer as to why one of the smallest offices in dundee with now officially the least wavs should be running the taxicards ,there is no sense whatsover in this but the problem is nobody challenges this ,phone the council its planning and transportation who handle the taxicard not licensing, and try and get the papers involved
if possible record you conversation ive had problems with this lot before
dont just sit back and moan about this things can be changed very easily.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:09 am 
here is the teles email link for letters if as many people as possible email them and start asking about the validity of one office operation taxicards(this has still yet to be mentioned )they will bring the subject into focus even jan goodall who must know about this may make a statement but i would,nt hold my breath....
letters@eveningtelegraph.co.uk <letters@eveningtelegraph.co.uk>