Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: European Floods
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 15904
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
I don't think I have ever seen flooding on the scale of this week in my lifetime and the loss of life is truly shocking but is it fair to blame it entirely on global warming because there is evidence of similar flooding in ancient times

as for a solution well what if we used up all of the worlds arsenal of nuclear weapons on china that would partially solve world over population and would make a huge indent into the level of toxic pollution ,over fishing and dumping of waste into the oceans ! (meant firmly TIC) :-"

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: European Floods
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 22999
Location: A City near Birmingham
It suits the "ECOs" to blame global warming, sorry, climate change but how many ice ages did we have in pre-history, there were no cars back then were there?

Solar farms are opposed cos they reflect sunlight into the atmosphere, wind farms can kill birds...

not heard about tidal power stations for a bit, are they that good we cant have them?

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: European Floods
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 22999
Location: A City near Birmingham
BTW, you China solution might kill innocent whales, dogs and dolphins, leaving very little to be slaughtered anyway

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: European Floods
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 48215
Location: 1066 Country
edders23 wrote:
I don't think I have ever seen flooding on the scale of this week in my lifetime and the loss of life is truly shocking but is it fair to blame it entirely on global warming because there is evidence of similar flooding in ancient times

as for a solution well what if we used up all of the worlds arsenal of nuclear weapons on china that would partially solve world over population and would make a huge indent into the level of toxic pollution ,over fishing and dumping of waste into the oceans ! (meant firmly TIC) :-"

The lefties and greenies put it down to global warming, as they do almost everything nowadays.

Where I live 20,000 years ago it was the edge of the ice from the last Ice Age.

What pollution caused that then?

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: European Floods
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 15904
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Sussex wrote:
edders23 wrote:
I don't think I have ever seen flooding on the scale of this week in my lifetime and the loss of life is truly shocking but is it fair to blame it entirely on global warming because there is evidence of similar flooding in ancient times

as for a solution well what if we used up all of the worlds arsenal of nuclear weapons on china that would partially solve world over population and would make a huge indent into the level of toxic pollution ,over fishing and dumping of waste into the oceans ! (meant firmly TIC) :-"

The lefties and greenies put it down to global warming, as they do almost everything nowadays.

Where I live 20,000 years ago it was the edge of the ice from the last Ice Age.

What pollution caused that then?



LACK of CO2 due to reduction in volcanic activity

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: European Floods
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 8:15 pm
Posts: 8798
wannabeeahack wrote:
It suits the "ECOs" to blame global warming, sorry, climate change but how many ice ages did we have in pre-history, there were no cars back then were there?

Solar farms are opposed cos they reflect sunlight into the atmosphere, wind farms can kill birds...

not heard about tidal power stations for a bit, are they that good we cant have them?


I can vaguely recall scientists in the late 70s whining that tidal energy would slow down the rotational speed of the earth over millions of years.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: European Floods
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 18835
bloodnock wrote:

I can vaguely recall scientists in the late 70s whining that tidal energy would slow down the rotational speed of the earth over millions of years.
What rotational speed? The Earth is flat isn't it? :lol:

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: European Floods
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 15904
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
grandad wrote:
bloodnock wrote:

I can vaguely recall scientists in the late 70s whining that tidal energy would slow down the rotational speed of the earth over millions of years.
What rotational speed? The Earth is flat isn't it? :lol:



discs rotate as well :roll:

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: European Floods
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 8:15 pm
Posts: 8798
grandad wrote:
bloodnock wrote:

I can vaguely recall scientists in the late 70s whining that tidal energy would slow down the rotational speed of the earth over millions of years.
What rotational speed? The Earth is flat isn't it? :lol:



Only in Norfolk and Suffolk.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: European Floods
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 8:15 pm
Posts: 8798
grandad wrote:
bloodnock wrote:

I can vaguely recall scientists in the late 70s whining that tidal energy would slow down the rotational speed of the earth over millions of years.
What rotational speed? The Earth is flat isn't it? :lol:


Only in Norfolk.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: European Floods
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 15904
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
bloodnock wrote:
grandad wrote:
bloodnock wrote:

I can vaguely recall scientists in the late 70s whining that tidal energy would slow down the rotational speed of the earth over millions of years.
What rotational speed? The Earth is flat isn't it? :lol:


Only in Norfolk.



so beacon hill (338 ft at summit) is an illusion is it ?

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: European Floods
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 18835
edders23 wrote:
bloodnock wrote:
grandad wrote:
bloodnock wrote:

I can vaguely recall scientists in the late 70s whining that tidal energy would slow down the rotational speed of the earth over millions of years.
What rotational speed? The Earth is flat isn't it? :lol:


Only in Norfolk.



so beacon hill (338 ft at summit) is an illusion is it ?

You have a wonky eye.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: European Floods
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 22999
Location: A City near Birmingham
what happened to the hole in the ozone layer we had back in the 70's and 80's

who fixed it?


https://www.livescience.com/ozone-hole- ... -size.html

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 49 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group