UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Resurrected thread
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:54 pm 
how can anybody mistake Marices post,
his clear and intelectual to our host,
whatever his post in whatever name,
the distinctive style, give away his game.

How can anybody mix him up with private hire?
a true through and through taximan he desire,
the signature at the bottom of the page,
shows nothing not even his age,

the distinctiveness is within his lines,
the text sometimes blow up as if mines,
Maurice is my favorite read,
every day his writings I need,

First to go and have a bath,
then read Maurice on here and have a laugh,
to watch him in intellectual battle,
agaist his enemy crowding like cattle.

He makes his opponents look like little boys,
they shuffle off to break thier toys,
unable to grapple with his intelectual match
so just a few words they try to snach.

Paddington Bill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:55 pm 
Claude is a bully, a very clever bully but a bully all the same.

These forums should be utilised to provide information to the whole trade and attitudes of certain people put off new posters and limit members contributions.

And then when they are stopped they argue that their rights for free speech have been taken away from them, even though they have stopped people voicing their own experiences for fear of being made a fool of.

Still websites are set up for individuals and not the majority aren't they

B. Lucky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:57 pm 
Having read some of Claude's postings I feel I cannot agree with you in your claim that he is a bully. The opposite appears to be the reality. What I suspect here is that in the verbal exchanges you have not fared very well and instead of trying to defeat his arguments which have been, as you quite rightly say, cleverly put, you over-step the mark and try to denigrate the author and not the message.

If, in your sardonic statement that "... websites are set up for individuals and not the majority aren't they" you believe this to be true, then where is the evidence in support? Where were the others, outside of your personal friends, sharing your view? They, like you, had the freedom of speech to write in response to Claude and to try and put him in his place or just disagree with him. He gave as good as he got and when attacked, counter-attacked with amazing alacrity.

The fact that he has managed to defend himslf in such good style against some pretty poorly written material is to his eternal credit. To claim he is responsible for the demise of the list and deterred others from postings appears to me to be a false claim and without foundation.
I would submit that the opposite is true and that many people are quite happy to read what Claude has said and it is probably this that has upset you. He has verbally thwarted you on almost every occasion, but that, I am afraid you will have to live with. It is a sign of your failings, and none on the side of Claude and to his eternal credit he has not submitted to some of the tirade and abuse thrown at him.

At least one contributor wrote in on this very topic without mentioning names. One wonders who he was referring to, but I suspect it wasn't Claude.

In the times where he has come under verbal attack he has usually answered like with like and stood his ground I know whose material I would rather read.

You just chose the wrong person to take on - you obviously, as your own inadequacies show, chose a better one and it is perhaps this realisation that you cannot come to terms with and display the hallmarks of a poor loser.

You had every opportunity to right any wrongs or transgressions you may feel he has made, but failed to do so and it appears few on the list agree with you.

Your claim that he is a bully is wide of the mark and says more about you than it does about him.

Cruisin' Cabby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:59 pm 
Any future posts of this type will be deleted, please keep these things to private e-mail or on other forums, this forum is for discussing trade issues, not personal vendettas from the past.

As I said, there's been plenty of opportunity to discuss the issues on here, but it's all gotten a bit tedious and a waste of bandwidth and our time and money.

As far as I'm concerned a line has been drawn under past conflcts on here, please respect that and don't post just to provoke the same old mud-slinging.

Dusty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:21 pm 

I feel there is a lot of history between many posters.

Thankfully I was not part of any of it, because it stinks.

Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:29 pm 
Alex wrote:
I feel there is a lot of history between many posters.

Thankfully I was not part of any of it, because it stinks.

Alex

Alaex,
Indeed it does stink particularly when one forgets the begginning as Alan Nige and Mick do.

they all run anti london forums indeed they went onto a london based forum to insult and berate Maurice, and post anti london bile like" a big white chap got in my cab" wonder if dusty remembers that?

they have been appauling to him with years of personal abuse.

he took it they cant.

TROY