Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:15 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Really shocked
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:10 pm 

Chris the Fish wrote:
They are able, until they themselves get the plague.

Diabetics inject themselves, as do many folk on medication for blood clots (as did my wife), the Oxford vaccine isnt sent out at 70 degrees below freezing, cant we do jabs ourselves?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:33 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
Diabetics inject themselves, as do many folk on medication for blood clots (as did my wife), the Oxford vaccine isnt sent out at 70 degrees below freezing, cant we do jabs ourselves?

But presumably diabetics etc need a bit of training/instruction before they can do it?

The resources and personnel required to do that would probably be more efficiently employed just doing the jabs.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:25 pm 

StuartW wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

But presumably diabetics etc need a bit of training/instruction before they can do it?

The resources and personnel required to do that would probably be more efficiently employed just doing the jabs.

The only training I had was they gave me an injector pen and told me to stick it in my stomach whilst the nurse watched and that was that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:33 pm 

Quote:
The only training I had was they gave me an injector pen and told me to stick it in my stomach whilst the nurse watched and that was that.

Well, precisely. The nurse could have done it more quickly herself?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:05 pm 

StuartW wrote:
Quote:

I doubt it, It is not difficult. You just stick it into a bit of fat.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:23 pm 

I don't think there is a shortage of jabbers.

The issue is getting a steady supply of vaccine for said jabbers to jab.

Thankfully that should be sorted with a week or so.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:04 pm 

StuartW wrote:
Quote:

but DIY diabetic jabs mean the nurse isnt required and free to do nursing type stuff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:46 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
but DIY diabetic jabs mean the nurse isnt required and free to do nursing type stuff

Yes, but the Covid jab won't be required several times a day for the rest of the person's life, which would be wholly impractical for medics to deliver, and it's therefore a lot more efficient to self-administer.

Point is that for a one-off (or small number) of Covid jabs, it's presumably more efficent for the medics just to stick it in rather than spending their time giving individual tuition.

And distributing the vaccines, dealing with those who couldn't/won't self-administer them anyway all takes up rescources, not to mention the no doubt many self-administered vaccines that would go wrong and require even more labour-intensive interventions.

I'm sure the health professionals and logistical experts will have considered this option, and immediately dismissed it :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:23 pm 

StuartW wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

Yes, but the Covid jab won't be required several times a day for the rest of the person's life, which would be wholly impractical for medics to deliver, and it's therefore a lot more efficient to self-administer.

Point is that for a one-off (or small number) of Covid jabs, it's presumably more efficent for the medics just to stick it in rather than spending their time giving individual tuition.

And distributing the vaccines, dealing with those who couldn't/won't self-administer them anyway all takes up rescources, not to mention the no doubt many self-administered vaccines that would go wrong and require even more labour-intensive interventions.

I'm sure the health professionals and logistical experts will have considered this option, and immediately dismissed it :)
Don't forget that after people have had the covid vaccination they have to be monitored for 15 minutes to check for any reactions.