Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:27 pm
Posts: 18617
I find some of the statistic hard to understand. for instance, on the news last night they said that 1 in 50 people in the UK has Covid at the moment. That means that in our Borough of around 50,000 we should have 1,000 people with Covid if we were an average Borough. I know we have below the average number of cases but I don't think we have had a 1,000 cases in the Borough since this damn thing started. I still know only about 10 people who have had it and 1 person who died from a heart problem within 28 days of a positive test.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 pm
Posts: 47237
Location: 1066 Country
Quote:
I know we have below the average number of cases but I don't think we have had a 1,000 cases in the Borough since this damn thing started. I still know only about 10 people who have had it and 1 person who died from a heart problem within 28 days of a positive test.

The ONS gain their stats by sending out 1000s and 1000s of random tests out to folks.

Whereas the vast majority of positive tests come from folks who are either feeling poorly or working in areas that place them in vulnerable situations.

In short the ONS are using their boffins to make a reasonable estimate, whereas the official numbers are confirmed cases. Both sets of numbers can be correct.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:47 pm
Posts: 15232
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Using the LG inform stats which are up to 5th Jan

Rutland 1 person in 48 has had a positive test

Brighton and Hove by comparison is 1 in 33

SKDC overall is 1 in 31 however Grotsville and Stamford are much higher but cumulative figures for Stamford I don't know where to find them

Melton Mowbray is 1 in 29 apparently

and Lincoln home of Jimbo the Imp is 1 in 19 8-[

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:23 pm
Posts: 4343
Location: Lincoln
edders23 wrote:
Using the LG inform stats which are up to 5th Jan

Rutland 1 person in 48 has had a positive test

Brighton and Hove by comparison is 1 in 33

SKDC overall is 1 in 31 however Grotsville and Stamford are much higher but cumulative figures for Stamford I don't know where to find them

Melton Mowbray is 1 in 29 apparently

and Lincoln home of Jimbo the Imp is 1 in 19 8-[


Funny is it?

_________________
Father of the rank.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 pm
Posts: 47237
Location: 1066 Country
There surely must come a time when most folks have had the bug.

If London and the South East is 1 in 30 then at that rate we all have had it in six months.

Clearly that rate hasn't always been as high as 1 in 30, but at the beginning it was that high just that no one could assess it properly through lack of testing, or lack of tests to do the testing.

ONS say about 12/13% of the population have had the bug, but that doesn't include kids and folks living in care homes.

Does seem low to me.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:56 pm
Posts: 2162
Sussex wrote:
ONS say about 12/13% of the population have had the bug, but that doesn't include kids and folks living in care homes.

Does seem low to me.


Nor the persons who did not know they have had it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:47 pm
Posts: 15232
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
jimbo wrote:
edders23 wrote:
Using the LG inform stats which are up to 5th Jan

Rutland 1 person in 48 has had a positive test

Brighton and Hove by comparison is 1 in 33

SKDC overall is 1 in 31 however Grotsville and Stamford are much higher but cumulative figures for Stamford I don't know where to find them

Melton Mowbray is 1 in 29 apparently

and Lincoln home of Jimbo the Imp is 1 in 19 8-[


Funny is it?



Eh learn your smilies that is the WORRIED smiley why would I find this funny courtesy of our government hesitating we are now in one of the gravest situations this country has faced for a very long time

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 pm
Posts: 47237
Location: 1066 Country
Latest numbers for certain councils. Positive tests per 100,000.

B&H last week 778 now 492. :shock:

Melton last week 290 now 232.

South Kestevens last week 394 now 291.

Lincoln last week 377 now 309.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:47 pm
Posts: 15232
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Sussex wrote:
Latest numbers for certain councils. Positive tests per 100,000.

B&H last week 778 now 492. :shock:

Melton last week 290 now 232.

South Kestevens last week 394 now 291.

Lincoln last week 377 now 309.



it is coming down locally over xmas and new year Stamford was running at about 107 positives last 7 says as of 14th Jan it is 54 so half the number but deaths are rising particularly in the Nursing homes :sad:

It is ironic that we have 5 nursing homes locally that are probably at an occupancy level of 60 percent but another is going to open soon and 2 more have passed planning ! both on former industrial sites where the councils idea of a mixed use development is houses plus a nursing home or supermarket

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:47 pm
Posts: 15232
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
so cases locally have risen 3 consecutive days

but I notice that Blackburn became the first area in the UK to hit 10 percent of the population with a positive test :cry: 8-[

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 pm
Posts: 47237
Location: 1066 Country
Quote:
so cases locally have risen 3 consecutive days

Whereas our cases have decreased by 581 over the last week.

I think the general view is that between 20 and 25% of the UK have had the bug, with London being at the top end.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:47 pm
Posts: 15232
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
4 days in a row now :sad:

and even more sad picking up one of regulars who worked at one of the affected nursing homes she was one of the staff who caught it but has partially recovered however 19 residents died :sad:

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:47 pm
Posts: 15232
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
well the figures are starting to drop down just 29 when I checked but still quite high and worryingly both Corby and Peterborough have spiking cases but for the moment we are going the right way

but deaths are still rising so the equivalent of a small village have died in our district from pangolin flu not sure how many from other causes

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:27 pm
Posts: 18617
Apparently today there were only 4 areas where the numbers went up. Melton was one of them.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:47 pm
Posts: 15232
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
grandad wrote:
Apparently today there were only 4 areas where the numbers went up. Melton was one of them.



Melton district last 7 days 108 (up 2)

South Kesteven last 7 days 372 (down 52)

Slight increase from a very low level but nowhere near us :wink:

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 44 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group