Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:05 pm 

Quote:
Ni of course not BUT I am hoping the government chooses the MOST EFFECTIVE vaccine not the one that's getting heavily promoted

Why on earth would they choose a least effective vaccine?

I suspect the one most of us will get is the Oxford vaccine, which is a more traditional vaccine than the Pfizer and Modena vaccines.

But over time they will all be refined and bettered.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:13 pm 

There has been a lot said over how long any immunity from Covid will last, with bucket loads of scare stories doing the rounds.

It's worth noting that before Sars 2 (covid 19) there was Sars 1 (or simply Sars), which happened around 2002 and 2004. It affective about 8000 people and killed about 700.

My point here is that of those that got Sars 1 in 2002/4, and recovered, not one of them have got Sars 2. So in their cases immunity has lasted at least 16 years.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:19 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Covid-19: Oxford University vaccine is highly effective

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55040635

Quote:
However, the Oxford jab is far cheaper, and is easier to store and get to every corner of the world than the other two.

the downside is that the data suggests not quite as good as the Modena or pfizer BUT I wonder if they have exaggerated their claims and they are all about the same

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:32 pm 

Astra Zeneca have previous for underestimating their new drugs, not really sure why.

But this vaccine is 90% effective if the first dose is a lower one. Which is interesting.

But let’s use the 70% number. The normal r rate if nobody did anything is about 3, so a 70% reduction of that brings the r rate below 1, which in effect kills off the virus.

When you also consider the large chunk of the population that has already had it, then that 70% looks even better.

Today has been a good day. \:D/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:42 pm 

The beauty of the Oxford vaccine is that the whole world can use it.

It’s about $3.50 a pop compared to the $20-50 for the other new vaccines that have been announced.

It’s also able to be made easily throughout the world, and doesn’t need super freezers as it merely needs to be kept cold.

The vaccines that will be going in most of our arms in the next three months (the Oxford one) are currently being made and kept in good old India. The world’s biggest maker of vaccines.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:45 am 

I cannot emphasise enough how important the Oxford vaccine will be for all of us in the UK and for everyone else on this planet, especially those in the poorer countries of the world.

This vaccine is the COVID 19 killer, albeit it might take a year or two to get it into the arms of the whole world.

Yesterday morning the British press, in the main, did their doom-making best to say it wasn’t as good as the two US vaccines, but by the evening most of them got past the 70% as opposed to 90% differences.

Both the US vaccines are fantastic, and variations of that new methods will cure many more diseases in the future. But the Oxford vaccine will be the one that 90% of the world will use.

We also shouldn’t get worried by the 70% number. This is better than all of the flu jabs we have ever had. Also the 30% that got the bug only received mild symptoms and none needed to go into hospital.

And that’s not taking into account the reduced first dose numbers which match the US vaccines numbers.

As a previous PM once said, we should rejoice at this news. Rejoice, rejoice.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:14 pm 

Quote:
As a previous PM once said, we should rejoice at this news. Rejoice, rejoice.

and we shall now sing hymn 9781 Rejoice ,the lord is king :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:55 pm 

When its confirmed that the VonWindsors have been injected or maybe she could have the injection live on TV along with the Dook and the rest of them and Bojo Patel Hancock Starmer and the rest of the flotsam lording it at the moment i MIGHT consider havin it ....................... :badgrin: Until then bollocks =D>

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:06 pm 

trotskys twin wrote:
When its confirmed that the VonWindsors have been injected or maybe she could have the injection live on TV along with the Dook and the rest of them and Bojo Patel Hancock Starmer and the rest of the flotsam lording it at the moment i MIGHT consider havin it ....................... :badgrin: Until then bollocks =D>

Don’t be such a baby, it’s just a little pr*ck...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:09 pm 

jimbo wrote:
trotskys twin wrote:

Can’t believe an innocent little word like [edited by admin] is edited. If you [edited by admin] me, do I not bleed?
That you would edit Shakespeare!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:12 pm 

jimbo wrote:
jimbo wrote:
trotskys twin wrote:

Can’t believe an innocent little word like [edited by admin] is edited. If you [edited by admin] me, do I not bleed?
That you would edit Shakespeare!

well why not he's centuries behind the times with language like that :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:43 pm 

trotskys twin wrote:

I will be more than happy to take your position in the queue, as they are doing the old f***ers first. 8-[

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:35 pm 

Quote:
Also the 30% that got the bug only received mild symptoms and none needed to go into hospital.

More details of those that got the bug despite having the vaccine.

In the Oxford Vaccine, there were 16 severe cases in the control arm and 0 severe cases in the covid-19 vaccine arm.

So far, the vaccine is 100% effective at stopping severe disease.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:47 pm 

I have posted this elsewhere, but you may like it on this thread as well.
Not good news; not bad news. Just ONS interactive map, designed by a fried of mine. Zoom in or enter postcode.
Each area is, I believe, about 7500 inhabitants.

https://fryford.github.io/msoa_cases_ma ... UNJnz_qv4w

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:19 pm 

cabbyman wrote:
I have posted this elsewhere, but you may like it on this thread as well.
Not good news; not bad news. Just ONS interactive map, designed by a fried of mine. Zoom in or enter postcode.
Each area is, I believe, about 7500 inhabitants.

https://fryford.github.io/msoa_cases_ma ... UNJnz_qv4w

looks like a redo of the previous one but I find the gov coronavirus website much easier to use and the LG inform graphs are per district so give a better overall position

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next