Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:51 am 

We underestimated the amount of work this week and we didn't have enough drivers out to cope with it all. Saturday was very busy overall with 3 drivers taking over £20.00 per hour with the highest averaging just over £25.00 per hour. Total earnings for the week, we don't work Sundays, was on a par with the first week back last July when the pubs and restaurants were open indoors as well. All very promising.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:30 am 

Pubs are still shut up here in Scotland, they don't go back to the 26th of April.

That said pub drinker runs only made up a very tiny part of my trade as I simply loathed doing them, restaurant runs were a different matter and I'll be pleased when they start serving meals again.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:58 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
not really that busy here until very late on when they were ready to go home. Night trade was a little busier but the day trade was pretty rubbish except Friday day which was a bit nearer what it should be.

Too much has closed over the last few years all we now have is a handful of pubs all the nightclubs, sports bars etc. have long since gone and the pub/cafe type venues that replaced them haven't done that well and the main one is now going to be converted into flats

Apart from the 16 year olds nobody goes out in Stamford any more apart from for a meal on special occasions

The local civic society plan to turn the town centre into a quiet village is working and we are no longer a destination town for nights out

As for the daytime trade well all we are left with now is coffee shops and estate agents there is very little you can buy in our town these days so rank work is almost non existent

About 40 percent of our pensioner regulars are now looked after by their families so it is a case of finding new customers to replace them

I was expecting busy but it wasn't that brilliant the takeaway deliveries were far busier than the passenger jobs until late on

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:21 pm 

Defo busier than what it has been, maybe 20% up on the previous weeks average.

Nights is about 100% up on previous weeks.