Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:59 pm 

At regular intervals my credit score company updates my rating and it always sits on "FAIR".....I've no debt, my liquid assets are very good, I own my vehicles outright, I own my house and have no mortgage, I clear what little spend I have on my Business charge card each month, I never dip in to my over draft, my Wife works full time, our savings are healthy...All in all my finances are in pretty good shape.

So how is it that for the past 10 years my Credit rating only ever reaches the dizzy heights of "Fair"....they are a complete waste of time, I only indulge them because you need to be alligned to one to access the Government gateway if your not a passport holder.

Anybody else pee'd off with these essential Jokers.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:08 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
your credit score rating is a measure of how profitable you are to banks and financial institutions

my score is the same because I don't use credit cards for all my day day to day expenditure

You only get a high score if you are spending £1000's on cards and loans a month and repaying it

Bank losing money on you = low credit score

Banks neither losing or making much = moderate credit score

Banks making bundles of cash out of you = High credit score

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:53 pm 

edders23 wrote:
your credit score rating is a measure of how profitable you are to banks and financial institutions

my score is the same because I don't use credit cards for all my day day to day expenditure

You only get a high score if you are spending £1000's on cards and loans a month and repaying it

Bank losing money on you = low credit score

Banks neither losing or making much = moderate credit score

Banks making bundles of cash out of you = High credit score

Sorry to but my wife and I both have very low expenditure on loans and credit cards. We are both on low incomes but our Experian credit scores are 999 and 997. However if we go to one of the other company's such as Credit Karma we only have fair scores. At the end of the day though, according to Martin Lewis, you need to ditch cards that you don't use and don't max out the one(s) that you have left. I found that if I only use my credit card evry 3 months and then pay it off in the same month it keeps the score higher.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:18 pm 

not using credit means your rating stays static

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:47 pm 

Quote:
So how is it that for the past 10 years my Credit rating only ever reaches the dizzy heights of "Fair"....they are a complete waste of time, I only indulge them because you need to be alligned to one to access the Government gateway if your not a passport holder.

Credit rating companies don't loan anyone a bean, they are merely playing with your mind to get you to pay them money to miraculously improve your so called rating.

Many moons back I was on one checking site and my rating was X. For some reason I forgot my password so reregistered and got a different rating.

Soon after I remembered my old password so checked the old rating to the new rating, and low and behold they were different.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:11 am 

It is a CREDIT score, relating to how well you repay credit, no credit, no score, it can only check your electoral register/address and history

if you want a better score, use a credit (CREDIT, get it?) card for £100/month and repay it in full every month which will cost you nothoing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:42 am 

wannabeeahack wrote:
It is a CREDIT score, relating to how well you repay credit, no credit, no score, it can only check your electoral register/address and history

if you want a better score, use a credit (CREDIT, get it?) card for £100/month and repay it in full every month which will cost you nothoing

That'll be why my particular Credit rating company is always bombarding through email me with the details of the Credit cards that my rating says I'm eligible for, they must be money commission out of credit card sales to their clients or ate least being sponsored by the card companies to promote their cards.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:21 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

That'll be why my particular Credit rating company is always bombarding through email me with the details of the Credit cards that my rating says I'm eligible for, they must be money commission out of credit card sales to their clients or ate least being sponsored by the card companies to promote their cards.

Its glorified pyramid selling but most credit cards are simply MBNA cards rebranded but in the end they only make money if you dont clear the balance each month, making you a very poor customer...lol, they survive on interest and fees (unless you have a pay to use card

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:42 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
At regular intervals my credit score company updates my rating and it always sits on "FAIR".....I've no debt, my liquid assets are very good, I own my vehicles outright, I own my house and have no mortgage, I clear what little spend I have on my Business charge card each month, I never dip in to my over draft, my Wife works full time, our savings are healthy...All in all my finances are in pretty good shape.

You need credit to build your credit score. Get a Capital One Card and use it once a month for a silly purchase like a takeaway then pay it off each month. Watch your score increase within a few months.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:29 pm 

Nidge2 wrote:
bloodnock wrote:

You need credit to build your credit score. Get a Capital One Card and use it once a month for a silly purchase like a takeaway then pay it off each month. Watch your score increase within a few months.

put yr fuel on it

£50/month lol