Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:05 pm 

Sussex wrote:
I think for the 100% Hackney fleet issue an argument could be made that the unlicensed office could viewed as an agent.

The office need not have any license to operate, or should I say function, and anyone can take the bookings.

Not sure how successful that argument would be, but it’s not as clear cut IMO, then with an operator licensed under the 1976 act.

In terms of practicalities, basic contract law and economic substance, it just doesn't ring true to me that HCs despatched by a circuit should be any different to PHVs despatched by a circuit.

I'm sure it'll be all sorted out eventually. But it's around 27 years now since I first held the kind of views successfully outlined in the recent Bournemouth employment status case.

Sure I'll be vindicated eventually, but whether I'll still be alive then is another matter :lol: 8-[

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:30 pm 

It's my belief that this ruling will help in the argument of cross border hiring.

All systems rely on the driver accepting a job offer from the company that the customer booked with, such as Uber BV (Netherlands) or Veezu Services Ltd (Ireland).

That booking after the driver accepts is back filled to the relevant operator for purposes of the triple lock.

After this ruling the operator must be the person/company that accepts the booking from the customer before offering it to a driver.

There may be a light at the end of the tunnel, provided an authority have the batteries for the torch...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:24 pm 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-vat-app ... tice-70025

Happy reading.