It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:40 am 

Sussex wrote:
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
edders23 wrote:
well he hasn't denied it :lol:

I've been down to Portsmouth for a few days, seeing my daughter at her graduation ceremony and spending some quality time with her.

I note you say spending quality time with her, rather than quality time in the s*** hole named Portsmouth. :-$

She's in Southsea.

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:45 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
edders23 wrote:
well he hasn't denied it :lol:

I've been down to Portsmouth for a few days, seeing my daughter at her graduation ceremony and spending some quality time with her.

I note you say spending quality time with her, rather than quality time in the s*** hole named Portsmouth. :-$

I didn't think anywhere down there looked like a s***hole when I was there. Mind you I was comparing them to our waterfront towns :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:04 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
so you think "wigan Pier" is grotty compared to that overengineered victorian ediface at brighton :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:15 pm 

edders23 wrote:
so you think "wigan Pier" is grotty compared to that overengineered victorian ediface at brighton :lol:

Brighton!!

Now you're not talking sh*thole any more!!!

You're talking major sewerage works there mate!!!

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:50 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
In more ways than one !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:20 am 

edders23 wrote:

Last time I was in Wigan I didn't see a pier, in fact I didn't see very much at all :oops: I was actually referring more to New Brighton :D

Post subject: Re: CAB ACT 2011
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:07 am 

Hello from old Brighton (at the minute) on this thread.
I just want to drop a line in here about a rumour I heard at the HCO here about the new cab act.
Obviously these dire times where they had to march along the ranks in Prague begging the colleagues there to come to England for they have no more applicants are long gone.
Now they are apparently discussing that an application for a new licence may only be possible after 5 years UK-residency, for CRB check reasons.
Obviously this wouldn't bother anybody here (than, erm, perhaps me), but I wanted to say that anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:23 pm 
Jochen Lembke wrote:
Hello from old Brighton (at the minute) on this thread.
I just want to drop a line in here about a rumour I heard at the HCO here about the new cab act.
Obviously these dire times where they had to march along the ranks in Prague begging the colleagues there to come to England for they have no more applicants are long gone.
Now they are apparently discussing that an application for a new licence may only be possible after 5 years UK-residency, for CRB check reasons.
Obviously this wouldn't bother anybody here (than, erm, perhaps me), but I wanted to say that anyway.

It's not a failing of foreign folks Jochen, it's liberty taking English folks who can't get other English folks to drive for them anymore due to cheap fares, high rent and vile public at certain times of day, the oversupply of hopeful foreigners has meant that a nasty job that used to pay reasonable is now falling behind the min wage in this country.

I heard recently the local PH driver lifespan was now 2 weeks, I used to estimate it at 3 years, but the roll em in roll em out machine now means it takes just two weeks for a driver to work it out he took £370 and paid out £340 for a car and fuel leaving him £30 profit, personally I'm disgusted that foreigner's are being sourced in their own countries, fair enough if a man made his own way over eyes wide open, and especially the ones that are poverty spec anyway like Romania,Bulgaria etc, it's probably cleaning them out just to get here, we have enough unemployed people here already, they could drive the cabs if need be, basically the taxi trade is now dragged so far down it's becoming a 4 seater bus service.

I'm surprised you wanted to come back, I assume you are German but get about Austria and Switzerland? as well, I know Brighton is a nice place, but most of the UK is a depressed slum.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:37 pm 

Well, that goes all over Europe, Doom. Thatcherism has made a few people richer and most of the others poorer. I heard that even her official biographer has sworn off neo-liberalismn! You know, these people actually once believed it's for the benefit of all what they were doing, but even them don't believe in it anymore.
Trouble is, each system, good or bad, takes a long time to be changed.

Yes, I'm German and I did Switzerland and will do Austria, but don't believe I wouldn't be a foreigner there. In England I always was the interesting foreiger (as long as it's not another damn Eastern-Europe guy) but in Switzerland (and Austria) they hate Germans same as the Scots hate the English.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:47 am 
Jochen Lembke wrote:
Well, that goes all over Europe, Doom. Thatcherism has made a few people richer and most of the others poorer. I heard that even her official biographer has sworn off neo-liberalismn! You know, these people actually once believed it's for the benefit of all what they were doing, but even them don't believe in it anymore.
Trouble is, each system, good or bad, takes a long time to be changed.

Yes, I'm German and I did Switzerland and will do Austria, but don't believe I wouldn't be a foreigner there. In England I always was the interesting foreiger (as long as it's not another damn Eastern-Europe guy) but in Switzerland (and Austria) they hate Germans same as the Scots hate the English.

Brilliant, even a German can see what a total disaster for civilization she was.

I thought you three countries were friends.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:24 pm 

[quote="Doom"]
Brilliant, even a German can see what a total disaster for civilization she was. Yep.
I thought you three countries were friends.[/quote]
Wouldn´t you think so? After all Hitler was Austrian and backed up by Swiss money. Yet, don´t forget, the whole thing went afoul and:
success has many fathers, but failure is an orphan! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:25 pm 

Jochen Lembke wrote:

I like that one :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:55 pm 
gusmac wrote:
Jochen Lembke wrote:

I like that one :lol: :lol: :lol: