Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:52 pm 

Not much detail here, but I'm guessing he tried to obstruct a car which had parked on the rank.

Could say a lot more about this kind of thing, particularly since it's in Fife, but maybe better not :-#

Which reminds me, have gotten out of the habit of buying lottery tickets, but think I'll celebrate the latest SEISS grant with a ticket for tonight :D :cry:

Rosyth taxi rank: Dunfermline taxi driver appears in court over incident

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/1 ... -incident/

A DUNFERMLINE cabbie has appeared in court for a careless driving offence committed at a taxi rank.

Dale Buchan reversed his car in the Rosyth rank when trying to obstruct another vehicle.

Buchan, 24, of Middlebank House, appeared at Dunfermline Sheriff Court.

He admitted that on July 20, at Rosyth taxi rank, in the course of his employment, he drove a car carelessly, reversed within the rank and used his vehicle to obstruct the path of another car.

Sheriff Pino di Emidio fined Buchan £245 and imposed four points on his licence.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:33 pm 

Quote:
but think I'll celebrate the latest SEISS grant with a ticket for tonight :D :cry:

And if you will the jackpot can you send Boris a cheque to pay for that bloody wallpaper in thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:38 pm 

Quote:
He admitted that on July 20, at Rosyth taxi rank, in the course of his employment, he drove a car carelessly, reversed within the rank and used his vehicle to obstruct the path of another car.

Reading that, you'd think it was a member of the public who'd caused the obstruction, rather than the taxi driver ](*,)