Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:10 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:17 pm 

This looks bad, but is probably not as bad as it looks :-s

Problem is, there's zero detail about why he did it. No mention of any sexual element, so I'd guess it was a payment thing, or she was doing something completely daft.

So when I saw the headline and that it was described as a 'poor decision' by the driver, it looked like a bit of an understatement. But, having read the whole article, I suspect 'poor decision' is indeed an appropriate description for what he did.

But in the round I'd guess this is a tad one-sided and sensationalist. I mean, what's the relevance of the descriptor 'schoolgirl', when we're also told she's 13? The 'school' aspect is self-evident because of her age, and has no obvious relevance to the case, and reads as a tad salacious and thus 'click-bait'.

'UNACCEPTABLE' Taxi driver abducts Scots schoolgirl, 13, and keeps her detained in terrifying ordeal

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/1 ... iff-court/

The driver was sentenced following an appearance in court

A TAXI driver made a "poor decision" when he abducted a 13-year-old girl in a terrifying ordeal.

Mohamed Youssef had picked up the girl from a property in Clydebank and drove her to Paisley town centre in June last year.

The driver refused to let the girl out of his vehicle throughout the journey on 23 June 2022 according to the Clydebank Post.

The 13-year-old was then detained against her will when he drove away with her still inside.

Mr Youssef pleaded guilty to abducting the girl while a taxi driver in February.

At Dumbarton Sheriff Court, his defence solicitor said he made a "poor decision" during the offence.

And he expressed his remorse.

The lawyer said: "He appreciates it's a serious matter.

"The [social work] report is as positive as it can be in the circumstances.

"He has no previous convictions.

"He appears to have made a poor decision during the course of this offence.

"He expressed his remorse.

"He is no longer able to work as a [taxi] driver."

The court heard he was now working as a part-time delivery driver.

A judge sentenced him to 200 hours of unpaid work within 12 months as an alternative to prison.

Sheriff David Hall called his behaviour "unacceptable" saying: "You appear as a man with no previous convictions.

"Your behaviour on the day in question was unacceptable and, as you now acknowledge, idiotic."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:43 pm 

Seen some stuff on social media about this one. Kind of reminds me of the one a couple of years ago when the Uber driver was caught with a woman in the back of his car, and there was an online lynch mob after him. But zero conclusive evidence I could see back then that it was a CSE incident - again, no smoking gun in that regard. Turned out the woman was an adult prostitute :?

Same with the case in this thread above. I mean, here's one who seems to have concluded the driver was a 'Muslim'. Is it just me, but where's the evidence in that regard? If you have a name like 'Mohamed Youssef' does that conclusively prove you're a Muslim?

https://twitter.com/JamesPGoddard90/sta ... 9230680130

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:03 pm 

Also reminds me of that incident in Inverness when the driver was taking the aggressive, abusive, swearing and racist older woman to the police station in a locked car :-o

So was that also 'abduction'? Of course, the law will regard a 13-year-old differently to a 50-something, but it would be interesting to know precisely what happened in the case at the top of the thread.

(I'd kind of wondered what happened with the Inverness case, and that it perhaps was disposed of out of court, or was never pursued, or whatever - didn't the driver say afterwards that he wasn't going to make an official complaint? But the incident only happened in September last year, so not nearly as long ago as I'd imagined - would have guessed at least a year :?

So to that extent I won't bump the thread it's in, since it's linked to pretty graphic video evidence blah, blah. It may still come to court, therefore... :-$

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:36 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
well he's out of the trade so won't be making any more "poor descisions"

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !