Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The pork pie Plot
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:24 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
so a group of Mp's mostly new to parliament led by the MP for Melton Mowbray are plotting to oust Boris

anyone think they'll succeed and more to the point who would replace him ?

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

Post subject: Re: The pork pie Plot
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:51 am 

I may know a bit about this. I had dinner with our MP on Sunday, with others, and the current situation was discussed at length. The problem is not just the alleged breaching of lockdown rules, it goes much deeper than this and focuses mainly on the Chief Whip and the way he treats many MPs. He told many of them that were in safe seats that they were there as voting fodder. just turn up and vote and don't get involved in debates. To a lot of them this is just unacceptable. So our MP asked for a show of hands so she could gauge the opinion of the room to help her decide what to do next. Well it looks like she has made up her mind.
Her choice as a replacement is Nadhim Zahawi, the current Education secretary.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:42 pm 

I have had a phone call this afternoon to arrange an interview to get the view from the Mayor of Melton. It is for the Wall Street Journal. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:15 pm 

I quite like Boris, and living in the real world I do have sympathy with those that didn't adhere with the draconian rules that have been sent to us folks by parliament.

I even had sympathy with Cummings, but the law is the law so if you get caught don't cry out in stupidity.

But the reasons I think Boris should go isn't to do with these alleged breaches of his own rules, it's because he has turned out to be a Green/Liberal, which has its plus points, but it's not what folks voted for when they put an X in the Tory box at the last general election.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:35 pm 

Sussex wrote:
I quite like Boris, and living in the real world I do have sympathy with those that didn't adhere with the draconian rules that have been sent to us folks by parliament.

I even had sympathy with Cummings, but the law is the law so if you get caught don't cry out in stupidity.

But the reasons I think Boris should go isn't to do with these alleged breaches of his own rules, it's because he has turned out to be a Green/Liberal, which has its plus points, but it's not what folks voted for when they put an X in the Tory box at the last general election.

What is going on now living standards in a non stop spiral downwards and the rich coining it in, is not what people were led to believe by Boris when they voted to leave the EU.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:13 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
I'm not so sure Boris has anything much to do with high inflation it is people like Putin, OPEC and the Chinese playing geo politics and cashing in after a couple of years lost profits

Not to mention the record high profits of the container shipping cartels pushing up prices

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !