Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:00 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: its hitting the fan....
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:03 pm 

Quote:
Reforming Quantity Controls
35. The Government agrees that licensing authorities should no longer have the power to restrict taxi numbers.
36. We recognise that loss of plate premiums and a possible over-supply of taxis might be undesirable effects associated with a removal of the power to restrict taxi numbers, although this is likely to even out over a period of time. Nonetheless, we would see advantage in putting special transitional measures in place. A staggered or phased removal of the power to control taxi numbers might be a sensible way to proceed.
37. We would ask the Law Commission to consider the best approach to a phased approach to quantity control removal in order to control the impact on the current market.

quiet a few people are beginning to get worried, some of there associations completely neglected to tell the "Barons" that this is what the government wants, and now it looks like the Conservatives might be getting in again.

so is it going to deregulate or not?

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:04 pm 

187ums wrote:
Quote:
35. The Government agrees that licensing authorities should no longer have the power to restrict taxi numbers.
36. We recognise that loss of plate premiums and a possible over-supply of taxis might be undesirable effects associated with a removal of the power to restrict taxi numbers, although this is likely to even out over a period of time. Nonetheless, we would see advantage in putting special transitional measures in place. A staggered or phased removal of the power to control taxi numbers might be a sensible way to proceed.
37. We would ask the Law Commission to consider the best approach to a phased approach to quantity control removal in order to control the impact on the current market.

quiet a few people are beginning to get worried, some of there associations completely neglected to tell the "Barons" that this is what the government wants, and now it looks like the Conservatives might be getting in again.

someone should tell your local f*ckwits to join a national body :roll:

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:40 pm 

187ums wrote:

I think it all depends on who wins the next General Election.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:30 am 

Quote:
someone should tell your local f*ckwits to join a national body

I think someone already told them to do that - the secretary didn't have a scooby what he was on about ( it was some guy from up north who they really should have listened to).

From the sounds of it, I think they may be in for a shock next week!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:22 am 

187ums wrote:

I think someone already told them to do that - the secretary didn't have a scooby what he was on about ( it was some guy from up north who they really should have listened to).

apparently its easier persuading a council to adopt CCTV - then corner the market in the brand the council want :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 12:19 am 

Be in no doubt if, and it won't happen, the LC/DfT came up with an ending to taxi quotas, all this anti Dereg BIll will go out of the window.

Providing quotas remain all else goes out of the window.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 4:50 am 

[*]
Quote:
Be in no doubt if, and it won't happen, the LC/DfT came up with an ending to taxi quotas, all this anti Dereg BIll will go out of the window.

Providing quotas remain all else goes out of the window.

That's some riddle SUsseX, could you please simplify it for us simpletons ?

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 8:33 am 

187ums wrote:
That's some riddle SUsseX, could you please simplify it for us simpletons ?

Reading it again it does indeed read rather sh**.

I don't think taxi quotas will go, but if it was proposed then the national taxi trade would accept all the stuff they are currently lobbying against and fight just that.

Sadly most of the taxi hierarchy/unions are really only interested in one thing.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 6:26 pm 

They wouldn't be able to restrict vehicle licences, but they can restrict drivers badges.

I think. :? :?:

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 6:28 pm 

sasha wrote:
They wouldn't be able to restrict vehicle licences, but they can restrict drivers badges.

I don't think that drivers badges can be restricted.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:30 pm 

sasha wrote:

You think wrong. :wink:

It's my view that legally they can't restrict either, and I'm amazed the LC changed their mind.

But where we are now they can restrict taxi vehicle licenses, but no other licenses other than by the 'fit and proper' entry criteria.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:26 pm 

What they have done is worse, if de-limitation had come in plate holders may have got some compensation from the government, council's will de-limit to get rid of plate values only to re-limit if they deem it necessary to control congestion etc. and will restrict and limit as and when they see fit but plate values will be gone.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 6:40 pm 

captain cab wrote:
187ums wrote:
Quote:

someone should tell your local f*ckwits to join a national body :roll:

They won't do that until the shizzer really hits the fan then they'll expect everything.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:41 pm 

captain cab wrote:
187ums wrote:

apparently its easier persuading a council to adopt CCTV - then corner the market in the brand the council want :lol:

As CCTV gone though now and become LAW

The Hackney Association Ltd
bbha@btinternet.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:05 pm 

Wrong thread Charles, but to answer your question, no.

Private Members Bill ran out of time and so does not continue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related