Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: changes to licensing
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:33 pm 

DELETED!

Quote:
Before a licence is granted, an applicant should be free of conviction for 10 years (or at least 10 Years must have passed since the completion of the sentence, whichever is longer) if the applicant has a conviction for:
Causing death by careless driving
Causing death by driving unlicensed, disqualification or uninsured drivers

ADDED

Quote:
Where an applicant has a conviction for using a held-hand mobile telephone or a hand-held device whilst driving, a licence will not be granted until at least five years have elapsed since the conviction or completion of any sentence or driving ban imposed, whichever is the later

Quote:
A licence will not normally be granted where the applicant has a conviction or caution for offences related to the supply of drugs or possession with intent to supply and has not been free of conviction for 10 years

ADDED

Quote:
The use of a driver who holds a PCV licence and the use of a public service vehicle such as a minibus to undertake a private hire vehicle booking should not be permitted as a condition of the private hire vehicle operator‘s licence without the informed consent of the booker

Quote:
The Operator is responsible for all persons (and vehicles) that are employed, contracted or otherwise used in the course of their business. A register of all staff that will take bookings or dispatch vehicles will be kept.

All individuals listed on the register will be required to provide the operator with a basic Disclosure. DBS certificates should be recently issued. Individuals will be required to advise the operator of any convictions while they are employed in this role. A record that the DBS certificate has been seen will need to be recorded.

Registers are required to be retained for period of not less than 12 months.

Post subject: Re: changes to licensing
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:15 pm 

Quote:
Where an applicant has a conviction for using a held-hand mobile telephone or a hand-held device whilst driving, a licence will not be granted until at least five years have elapsed since the conviction or completion of any sentence or driving ban imposed, whichever is the later

I do feel the five year ban (from taxi licensing) for that is over the top, but all the councils are trying to adopt a similar set of rules, and that is one of them.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:31 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Quote:

I do feel the five year ban (from taxi licensing) for that is over the top, but all the councils are trying to adopt a similar set of rules, and that is one of them.

Its the new nationwide government rules

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:32 pm 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -standards