Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: CCTV
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:19 pm 

2 different LA's...(spot the difference)

Ours - By April 2022 all licenced vehicles must have CCTV

Quote:
Coventry - A GUIDE FOR THE USE OF CLOSE CIRCUIT TELEVISION (.) IN HACKNEY CARRIAGE AND PRIVATE HIRE VEHICLES

CCTV prevents and detects crime, reduces the fear of crime, enhances the health and safety of drivers & passengers and assists enforcement agencies to investigate incidents of alleged crime and civil offences.

Any images and audio recording should be used for the above purposes only.

Safety Requirements

The equipment fitted must comply with legislation including the Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986. The equipment must be constructed and installed in such a way as to present no danger to passengers or the driver at any time.

The CCTV equipment must not interfere with any other system within the vehicle e.g. radio, safety controls, navigation, satellite etc.

TLO/054 Page 29 of 47 Date Printed 24/02/21 The CCTV equipment should be e-marked or CE marked and be confirmed by the equipment manufacturer as being suitable for use in motor vehicles.

The equipment shall be checked for compliance on a regular basis and maintained.

These checks should include the quality of image and sound, time and date etc.

Any CCTV device installed within the vehicle must be specific for purpose i.e. to provide a safer environment for the benefit of the hackney/PHV driver and passengers.

Viewing screens to see captured images are not permitted within the vehicle and all wiring must be fitted in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications.

Activation, Recording & Accessibility Activation of the CCTV equipment can be made in a number of ways e.g. panic buttons, door switches etc.

At no time should the information captured on CCTV be accessible other than by approved encryption software which meets or is higher that the current Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2 standard or equivalent.

In addition the system should have access codes to enhance security. N.B. Audio recording of conversations is not permitted and any facility to use audio must be disabled.

Storage of Images CCTV images must be stored either within its own hard drive or where a service provider is proving facilities, transferred in real time using fully secured and appropriately encrypted GPRS (GSM telephone) signalling to a secure server within the service provider’s monitoring centre. Storing images and sound outside the vehicle is not allowed via any type of portable media device (e.g. CD’s or memory sticks etc). Regardless of which system is used to store CCTV data and sound, it should be stored for a maximum time of 31 days only.

All systems should have an automatic overwriting function with a turnaround time of 31 days.

If the data being removed from the CCTV system is undertaken by a service provider, a contract must be in place and cover matters such as security arrangements, keeping/deleting data, access request and arrangements to end the contract.

A copy of the contract may be requested by the Taxi Licensing Office at any time. Information Commissioners Officer (ICO) The ICO is the office responsible for regulating matters relating to CCTV. Responsibility for informing the ICO applies to a specified company, organisation or individual vehicle owner (data controller). The reason for this is that information captured on CCTV is regarded as personal data.

The data controller is required to register and renew yearly with the ICO if they have a CCTV system installed into a vehicle. Documentary proof is required showing that this has occurred and must be produced to the Taxi Licensing Office within 30 days of the initial installation and on annual renewal.

Regardless of who processes CCTV footage the data controller remains legally responsible. Drivers need to register and pay a fee with the ICO if any CCTV device is fitted, as the driver will be the controller of the personal data collected.

Requests may be made by the Police or other enforcement agencies entitled to access CCTV footage. The request should be made in writing stating the legislation that permits access and the reason why the disclosure is required. Requests may be made by members of the public to access CCTV footage if they have been the subject of a recording.

A charge of £10 can be made and the request must be in writing. A photograph of the person making the request must be provided as evidence that they are the person shown on the image. TLO/054 Page 30 of 47 Date Printed 24/02/21 Signage Signage informing that CCTV is in operation must be displayed at the top or bottom of both the offside rear and nearside rear windows.

The signage must include the name, address and telephone number of the data controller as per the Vehicle Inspection Manual.

Post subject: Re: CCTV
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:35 am 

Her policy was incepted 2 1/2 years ago, id say she rushed it in...

Quote:
I apologise for not getting back to you with regard this issue. I’m aware the policy needs clarifying and I was hoping to include it in the last consultation but unfortunately was unable to. I will ensure I look into this as a priority.

Regards,