Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: cross bordering...
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:21 am 

So a base in 1 area which owns a base in another area can swap jobs/cars willy nilly and use 1 despatch system?

Dereg act and Skyline vs Milton keynes..

Post subject: Re: cross bordering...
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:12 am 

I am fairly sure that our booking and dispatch system can run several different company's with different phone numbers at the same time and i would guess that all jobs could be integrated to any of the available cars.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:59 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
So a base in 1 area which owns a base in another area can swap jobs/cars willy nilly and use 1 despatch system?

Dereg act and Skyline vs Milton keynes..

Basically yes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:07 am 

Nottingham’s DG Cars, one of the strongest-performing private hire fleets over the past 12 months thanks to its strong diversification into the delivery market, has made a major acquisition in Lichfield, in partnership with another major fleet, 247 Cars of Walsall.

The two companies have jointly acquired City Cars Lichfield, in an innovative deal that sees both become shareholders in the firm, whose territory is situated between Nottingham and Walsall.

The move creates a Midlands giant, with a combined fleet across the three businesses of more than 2,000 cars. DG has 1,250 cars in the Nottingham area, and earlier in the year we reported it had increased its fleet by 175 during the pandemic to cope with demand for delivery work, which has grown rapidly. Walsall’s 247 Cars has 700 vehicles while the acquisition of City Cars adds a further 50 vehicles.
Quote:
(10 more like plus a few owner drivers :badgrin: )

Before the Coronavirus pandemic, DG Cars had been acquisitive, buying Western Cars in Derby, which added 170 vehicles, and Z Cars in Newark, which added 30 vehicles. The company has also been a pioneer of electric taxis, a move that won it the Professional Driver Environmental QSi Gold Award in 2019.

247 Cars, which started in 2013, operates a largely Toyota-based fleet across a large area of the suburban West Midlands to the north of Birmingham, covering Walsall and surrounding towns of Bloxwich, Pelsall, Willenhall, Darlaston, Aldridge and Brownhills. The company’s fleet includes more than 100 minibuses with 6-16 seats, and also operates courier van services.

https://www.prodrivermags.com/news/dg-c ... pIRy_iEhz0

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 12:20 am 

If that company runs minibuses with more than 8 passenger seats it needs a PSV licence as well. :) no problem cross-bordering with a PSV. :)