Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Wirral
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:25 pm
Posts: 36950
Location: Wayneistan
I have been reliably informed that Wirral MBC has chosen, in the light of the SUD, to re-regulate the number of hackney carriages within their area.

CC

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wirral
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:11 pm
Posts: 8119
Location: A Villa in Aston NO MORE!
captain cab wrote:
I have been reliably informed that Wirral MBC has chosen, in the light of the SUD, to re-regulate the number of hackney carriages within their area.

CC

And I have had the same information, just an hour ago.

It was certainly on the Committee Agenda at this evening's meeting;

http://democracy.wirral.gov.uk/ieListDo ... 3595&Ver=4

_________________
Kind regards,

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wirral
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:38 pm
Posts: 431
Thanks Brummie, I knew you would get to the bottom of it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wirral
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:11 pm
Posts: 8119
Location: A Villa in Aston NO MORE!
It would be nice to see the whole Halcrow report that was commissioned by Wirral MBC, not just the extracts in the committee report.

I'm sure there is more damning evidence in the full report on the folly and myth of derestricting licence numbers.

And BTW; I mean all licence numbers including PHV numbers too.

And I know that at the moment the law does not allow PHV numbers to be capped in any form.

But here's hoping Law Commission!!

_________________
Kind regards,

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wirral
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:22 pm
Posts: 14142
Location: On the move
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
It would be nice to see the whole Halcrow report that was commissioned by Wirral MBC, niot just the extracts in the committee report.

I'm sure there is more damning evidence in the full report on the folly and myth of derestricting licence numbers.

And BTW; I mean all licence numbers including PHV numbers too.

And I know that at the moment the law does not allow PHV numbers to be capped in any form.

But here's hoping Law Commission!!


I think it's on the here with a link to it, as far as I know it's certainly on WBC website

_________________
Note to self: Just because it pops into my head does NOT mean it should come out of my mouth!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wirral
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 pm
Posts: 44138
Location: 1066 Country
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
I'm sure there is more damning evidence in the full report on the folly and myth of derestricting licence numbers.

So how many of those plates issued since the council delimited should be handed back?

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wirral
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 pm
Posts: 44138
Location: 1066 Country
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
And I know that at the moment the law does not allow PHV numbers to be capped in any form.

How would they assess PH demand?

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wirral
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:11 pm
Posts: 8119
Location: A Villa in Aston NO MORE!
Sussex wrote:
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
I'm sure there is more damning evidence in the full report on the folly and myth of derestricting licence numbers.

So how many of those plates issued since the council delimited should be handed back?

None. Once a licence is issued it can't be removed from the numbers except for good reason.

But then you know that already.

And the fact that once licences have been issued they invariably stay issued in those numbers is the folly.

And the myth is that everyone that advocates unrestricted numbers of HCV and PHV licences truly believes that the more licences that are issued the better the service will be for the public.

But the reality is that in many LAs around the country the roads are already clogged up with redundant HCs and PHV in numbers that are not required by any stretch of the imagination and with those vehicles significantly adding to road congestion and obviously creating sizeable pollution in the process with the obvious increased health risks to the passing public.

_________________
Kind regards,

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wirral
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:11 pm
Posts: 8119
Location: A Villa in Aston NO MORE!
Sussex wrote:
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
And I know that at the moment the law does not allow PHV numbers to be capped in any form.

How would they assess PH demand?

That would be a damn site easier than assessing demand for HC services!

_________________
Kind regards,

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wirral
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:11 pm
Posts: 8119
Location: A Villa in Aston NO MORE!
toots wrote:
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
It would be nice to see the whole Halcrow report that was commissioned by Wirral MBC, niot just the extracts in the committee report.

I'm sure there is more damning evidence in the full report on the folly and myth of derestricting licence numbers.

And BTW; I mean all licence numbers including PHV numbers too.

And I know that at the moment the law does not allow PHV numbers to be capped in any form.

But here's hoping Law Commission!!


I think it's on the here with a link to it, as far as I know it's certainly on WBC website

I can't find it on the Wirral MBC website, but if you have a link to the webpage I would be very grateful.

_________________
Kind regards,

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wirral
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:25 pm
Posts: 36950
Location: Wayneistan
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
I can't find it on the Wirral MBC website, but if you have a link to the webpage I would be very grateful.



http://www.national-taxi-association.co.uk/?p=2412

The links are at the bottom of the report.

CC

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wirral
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:11 pm
Posts: 8119
Location: A Villa in Aston NO MORE!
captain cab wrote:
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
I can't find it on the Wirral MBC website, but if you have a link to the webpage I would be very grateful.

http://www.national-taxi-association.co.uk/?p=2412

The links are at the bottom of the report.

CC

Thank you most kindly Herr Kapitan!!

It's printing now.

Oh sh*t!! I've clicked on the colour print button instead of the black ink only one.

That's going to cost me.

_________________
Kind regards,

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wirral
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 pm
Posts: 44138
Location: 1066 Country
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
That would be a damn site easier than assessing demand for HC services!

Really? :?

Well let's start with two 'damn site easier' questions.

How would the survey folk differentiate between PH phone work and HC phone work?

How would the survey folk differentiate between PH work serviced by locally licensed cars, and PH work serviced by non locally licensed cars?

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wirral
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:27 pm
Posts: 17902
Just how many topics does the wirrel need?

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wirral
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:25 pm
Posts: 36950
Location: Wayneistan
grandad wrote:
Just how many topics does the wirrel need?


wirral? :lol:

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group