Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:52 am 

Meaning I'm wrong?
Well, if that's what the majority thinks, why do I even bother?
I might just pack my [edited by admin] and leave and spare me a lot of trouble, honestly.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:11 am 

No I'm not saying your wrong,I wish you all the best on your crusade,if more drivers fought for what they believe,councils would not be walking all over them.i was referring to what they teach you on a customer care course,and as you are there customer they should help you even if they think your wrong.?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:30 pm 

Thanks, mate.

Yeah, I got that wrong, but it is still a very tricky situation for me now.
Though I have cleared out my room in Germany I notice I haven´t really made a decision yet.

But that´s also about that woman I´m madly in love with.
It was one thing to come here in person, but so far not really all of me has indeed arrived here... :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:10 pm 

... yeah, I need to sort that first, I'm afraid. :roll:
So, I'm leaving again.

I mean, this is truly the main reason, but apart from that - well, I am actually staying in a tent right now, to save money and it took me five freezing nights there to figure out that as much as I'd love to be a B&H cabby again, almost more than anything in the world, it would just too much upset me to do this their way!

I mean, look, I don't even have an address I could use legally, there is a friend with whom it was ok to use his address, but that's the point, it would not be perfectly legal and as B&H HCO is doing everything by the book, I don't see why I should "improvise" again.

There are so many regulations in this country, but no one really follows them, the world, England most of it, would come to a halt if people would do everything by the book, we all have to turn a blind eye every once in a while to just be able to make it through the day!

There should be a way to open their eyes and I think I have to try that first, anything else would just upset me too much right now.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:01 pm 

Quote:

Is it possible for Jochen to use a German hackney to work through a ph base in B&H,in the same way that Berwick work in Newcastle And bolsover work in Mansfield and Ashfield ect?

Sussex
 Post subject: Re: What is the viewPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:28 pm 

Do you no anything about German hack laws

mancityfan wrote:
Is it possible for Jochen to use a German hackney to work through a ph base in B&H,in the same way that Berwick work in Newcastle And bolsover work in Mansfield and Ashfield ect?

It's legal for a Scottish taxi/PH to work England and Wales without needing an E&W license, and vice-versa, so maybe he doesn't need one.

gusmac
 Post subject: Re: What is the viewPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:48 pm 

Sussex wrote:
mancityfan wrote:

It's legal for a Scottish taxi/PH to work England and Wales without needing an E&W license, and vice-versa, so maybe he doesn't need one.

A scottish taxi/PH must return to it's LA on completion of a hire, unless it has another to go to.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/th ... 18697.html
http://www.aberdeentaxis.co.uk

Sussex
 Post subject: Re: What is the viewPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:05 pm 

gusmac wrote:
A scottish taxi/PH must return to it's LA on completion of a hire, unless it has another to go to.

But which part of the act applies to E&W?

Mrs Sussex is legally allowed (and insured) to drive the Sussex mobile in Scotland, as Benson and Boyce doesn't apply there.

gusmac
 Post subject: Re: What is the viewPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:52 am 

Sussex wrote:
gusmac wrote:

But which part of the act applies to E&W?

Mrs Sussex is legally allowed (and insured) to drive the Sussex mobile in Scotland, as Benson and Boyce doesn't apply there.

I doubt the Sussex mobile is licensed under the 1982 act, so I don't quite see your point.

My point is that a taxi/PH licensed under the Scottish legislation cannot base itself in E&W or in another Scottish LA, without breaching the act under which it is licensed.
The reverse may not be true, however. The 1982 act doesn't apply to a taxi licensed under English legislation. It depends what the English legislation says.

As for a German taxi, your guess is as good as mine. I know bugger all about German taxi law.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/th ... 18697.html
http://www.aberdeentaxis.co.uk

wannabeeahack
 Post subject: Re: What is the viewPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:06 pm 

If I chose to pay for HC plate off a LA 100 miles away, provided all the legal paperwork and only sat at home here taking calls, not plying for hire, what regs am i breaking?

im right at the meeting place of four LA's, any would sell me a hack plate, whats to stop me selecting the cheapest with the easiest set of regs and plating there?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:36 am 

Wow, what´s going on here?

Anyway, for i have to improvise very much i depend on a. wireless connenction b. a socket c. my reading glasses. Since I seem to be missing all the time at least one of them (at this moment my reading glasses) I can´t follow thos right now, will do later.

Anyway, just spoke to a driver on my old car (I still remember the first scratch I did myself and there aare plenty more now) the job doesn´t pay anymore and I probably wouldn´t even find a car anymore, for there are so many drivers. I´d be really stupid to go through the whöle procerdure again.

it´s very simple, if they begin treating me as a human and not just cab-driver material, they would have to start doing this with everybody, so they don´t want to. That is, if they´re not being forced to....

The coldest night so far

Ocuppy Brighton & Hove Hackney Carriage Office!

This is my homage to all the people being camped and sleeping in their tents to protest against stupid and unjust regulations all over the world!
I know now fist hand how much sacrifice this is!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:47 am 

The point of the discussion was wether you could use a German licensed hackney to work in b&h.?then you would bypass the need of b&h.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:04 pm 
See Jochen, I tried to tell you, but you had to waste an air fare mate.

How was it hiding away in the tea chest @ 5000 feet?

Just kidding :wink:

Ah well it's kinda smile raising the thought of the council officials faces seeing you come through the door armed with why not's :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:29 pm 

Well, I will hold it like Apollo 13 and call this mission a successful failure!
I actually needed this week in a freezing tent to clear my mind and I´ve spent a fortune, but is not wasted!
See, they will think I might be a thorn in the flesh with the license renewed but wait and see how much I will sting and hurt without it!

atMancity: I could give them two valid licenses, a German and a Swiss one, but I´m surprised you´d even thought this way. Not with them!

at Doom: well, that tinbox, we had a near-by-collision, one of those they try to play down, but it was like a foreshadowing of what´s to come!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:28 pm 

Only trying to give you options,if you've got a German hackney vehicle and drivers licence to drive that vehicle,why not use it and work through a Brighton private hire company,but I don't know German hackney laws.there laws may not let you do this.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:57 am 

Thanks, ManCity, but it actually seems me not having the license back is at the moment doing more good than having it or even redoing it!
I will soon post a catalogue of things I see a need for a change in here, which I will have sent to B&H HCO by then. Basically I will pull a German on them.
A German in "nothing-ever-works-country". Wonder how that works? Hahaha!

I dedicate the week I have spent in this tent nearby Lewes (Brighton) to a better treatment of drivers on the part of the council.
We are humans, not licensing material!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:21 pm 

So is your outfit:

A) An attempt to sway the Brighton HCO?
B) An attempt to disguise yourself as a Brighton HC?
C) Evidence of a subconcious and unnatural attraction to the Brighton HC trade?
D) Evidence of very bad dress sense?

:D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:54 pm 

All of it. :lol:

No, when I bought the sweater I just liked the colours, as I just love the Brighton colours, but it´s actually not quite the same shade of aquamarine, mine is a bit more to the blue. :sad: (I will still brighten the picture, maybe that helps)

Anyway, I thought I dress in the Brighton colours to help to get the point across, but although I tried it was simply to much effort to actually transform into a Brighton cab, (like in Transformers perhaps), but then again, the path is the aim. Or, aimed at HCO, we all have our faults, we all have our limits. :badgrin:

Still, I´ve mentioned it before, to me the Brighton cabs are the most beautiful cabs in the world and whatever I will do I will always be an ambassador of Brighton (cabs), they deserve much more attention, I feel that as a responsibility, too, not just to blame the negative aspects!

I did a lot of photography, when I was in Brighton and had much better light than like on my blog, when it was winter and the white of the houses, the red of the buses, and the aquamarine of the cabs - juuuust beautiful! (I did a pic of the Brighton Mercedes btw and will upload it here, it looks amazing!)

PS: Yeah, that Hi Cab guy, I´ve seen him before!

There you go! A Brighton Mercedes cab! (I should rent it, shouldn´t I? :D)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:02 pm 

Yes, in one way the colour scheme has a slightly ludicrous look about it, in other ways it's actually quite attractive.

I like this photo here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/datsuncog/942806192/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:24 pm 

Sure, not everybody likes them, it´s like with colours in general, but I do.
Yeah, that´s a good one!
I have plans to make a Brighton cab calendar (if someone is not quicker) but it´s not easy to catch one in front of a nice background, it would perhaps require actually hiring them (and pay extra for the rights) and it would not be spectacular enough to just shoot in all angles at them at the ranks (though there are always plenty of them these days :roll:)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next