Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 6:33 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: City of dreaming spires
So who is Jim Taylor? and whats his angle?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:54 am
Posts: 10460
187ums wrote:
So who is Jim Taylor? and whats his angle?



A friend of mine with an acrid and erudite ability when it comes to putting pen to paper, a bit like JD with venom. :badgrin:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:51 pm
Posts: 5795
Location: The Internet
You must have missed JD's venom :D

_________________
Taxi Driver Online
www.taxi-driver.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:51 pm
Posts: 5795
Location: The Internet
Skull wrote:
MR T wrote:
To put this one to rest. I am a firm believer that everyone should be entitled to voice their opinion without fear of being verbally abused or ridiculed.
We recently had a spell where several people with their own agenda tried to usurp this forum.
Jim Taylor chose to join them and in the process he has tried, and continues to try, to decry both this site and me personally.
All of these people have caused irreparable damage to the ability of any forum such as this to provide a platform for free speech, where opposing viewpoints can be aired and disagreements can take place without the need for personal abuse.
I cannot and would not stop Jim Taylor from stating his views, but I can prevent him from abusing others on this forum and I do so in the hope that those others may be encouraged to state their views knowing they will not receive a vitriolic response.
Hopefully you will now understand the why.
regards
do you know him.....love mr T..




What are you on about?


Mr T 'nicked' that from the 'sewing bee' :lol:

For the unitiated, the 'sewing bee' is the old Fastblacks forum in Edinburgh.

_________________
Taxi Driver Online
www.taxi-driver.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:54 am
Posts: 10460
TDO wrote:
Skull wrote:
MR T wrote:
To put this one to rest. I am a firm believer that everyone should be entitled to voice their opinion without fear of being verbally abused or ridiculed.
We recently had a spell where several people with their own agenda tried to usurp this forum.
Jim Taylor chose to join them and in the process he has tried, and continues to try, to decry both this site and me personally.
All of these people have caused irreparable damage to the ability of any forum such as this to provide a platform for free speech, where opposing viewpoints can be aired and disagreements can take place without the need for personal abuse.
I cannot and would not stop Jim Taylor from stating his views, but I can prevent him from abusing others on this forum and I do so in the hope that those others may be encouraged to state their views knowing they will not receive a vitriolic response.
Hopefully you will now understand the why.
regards
do you know him.....love mr T..




What are you on about?


Mr T 'nicked' that from the 'sewing bee' :lol:

For the unitiated, the 'sewing bee' is the old Fastblacks forum in Edinburgh.




Have you had a look at what they talk about on the sewing bee, my god you just can't take them seriously.

Jim Taylor has more than a point, they never discuss anything that may be a little contentious. Its handbags at dawn, when Taylor was unceremoniously removed the forum died.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:52 pm 
:lol:


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 pm
Posts: 44164
Location: 1066 Country
So what justifications have councils given? :-k

And what consumer benefits are customers gaining from having less? :wink:

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:03 am
Posts: 280
Well as far as the fastblack site is concerned, there is "contentious" and there is "contentious" some of the bellicose responses from the posters showed characteristics more in keeping with a deep seated psychosis.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:54 am
Posts: 10460
A famous psychologist once said "find me someone who is sane and I will cure him"
:wink:

Carl Jung.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:03 am
Posts: 280
Skull wrote:
A famous psychologist once said "find me someone who is sane and I will cure him"
:wink:

Carl Jung.




:lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:54 am
Posts: 10460
Sirius wrote:
Skull wrote:
A famous psychologist once said "find me someone who is sane and I will cure him"
:wink:

Carl Jung.




:lol: :lol: :lol:



Thought you would like that. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:25 pm
Posts: 230
Skull wrote:
TDO wrote:
Skull wrote:
MR T wrote:
To put this one to rest. I am a firm believer that everyone should be entitled to voice their opinion without fear of being verbally abused or ridiculed.
We recently had a spell where several people with their own agenda tried to usurp this forum.
Jim Taylor chose to join them and in the process he has tried, and continues to try, to decry both this site and me personally.
All of these people have caused irreparable damage to the ability of any forum such as this to provide a platform for free speech, where opposing viewpoints can be aired and disagreements can take place without the need for personal abuse.
I cannot and would not stop Jim Taylor from stating his views, but I can prevent him from abusing others on this forum and I do so in the hope that those others may be encouraged to state their views knowing they will not receive a vitriolic response.
Hopefully you will now understand the why.
regards
do you know him.....love mr T..




What are you on about?


Mr T 'nicked' that from the 'sewing bee' :lol:

For the unitiated, the 'sewing bee' is the old Fastblacks forum in Edinburgh.




Have you had a look at what they talk about on the sewing bee, my god you just can't take them seriously.

Jim Taylor has more than a point, they never discuss anything that may be a little contentious. Its handbags at dawn, when Taylor was unceremoniously removed the forum died.


It's the forum that get things done tho :wink:

_________________
Who's been "Editing" my mailbox then ...lol


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:54 am
Posts: 10460
Realcabforceforum wrote:
Skull wrote:
TDO wrote:
Skull wrote:
MR T wrote:
To put this one to rest. I am a firm believer that everyone should be entitled to voice their opinion without fear of being verbally abused or ridiculed.
We recently had a spell where several people with their own agenda tried to usurp this forum.
Jim Taylor chose to join them and in the process he has tried, and continues to try, to decry both this site and me personally.
All of these people have caused irreparable damage to the ability of any forum such as this to provide a platform for free speech, where opposing viewpoints can be aired and disagreements can take place without the need for personal abuse.
I cannot and would not stop Jim Taylor from stating his views, but I can prevent him from abusing others on this forum and I do so in the hope that those others may be encouraged to state their views knowing they will not receive a vitriolic response.
Hopefully you will now understand the why.
regards
do you know him.....love mr T..




What are you on about?


Mr T 'nicked' that from the 'sewing bee' :lol:

For the unitiated, the 'sewing bee' is the old Fastblacks forum in Edinburgh.




Have you had a look at what they talk about on the sewing bee, my god you just can't take them seriously.

Jim Taylor has more than a point, they never discuss anything that may be a little contentious. Its handbags at dawn, when Taylor was unceremoniously removed the forum died.


It's the forum that get things done tho :wink:


You could say that :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:48 am 
:lol:


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:54 am
Posts: 10460
MR T wrote:
Skull wrote:
You could say that :wink:


He did.... :roll: mr T.. :wink:


I know... :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group