Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Engine size limits...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 22116
Location: A City near Birmingham
If the regs state "minimum 2ltr" for engines and a 2ltr is actually 1968cc....reckon id get away with it?

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:56 pm
Posts: 1742
wannabeeahack wrote:
If the regs state "minimum 2ltr" for engines and a 2ltr is actually 1968cc....reckon id get away with it?



Yes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:23 pm
Posts: 3961
Location: Lincoln
So what would happen if you wanted to put on an electric car?

What size “engine” would that have to be.

Or tell them you want to save the planet.

_________________
Father of the rank.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 22116
Location: A City near Birmingham
jimbo wrote:
So what would happen if you wanted to put on an electric car?

What size “engine” would that have to be.

Or tell them you want to save the planet.


A council up in "Nige" land refused to plate a Tesla as it was 0cc

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 43543
Location: 1066 Country
wannabeeahack wrote:
If the regs state "minimum 2ltr" for engines and a 2ltr is actually 1968cc....reckon id get away with it?

Yes.

But I'm amazed any council sets a minimum 2 litre requirement in 2019.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:31 am 
Online

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 17811
Ours used to state 1250cc but they wouldn't plate a car that was 1248cc.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:17 pm
Posts: 2337
grandad wrote:
Ours used to state 1250cc but they wouldn't plate a car that was 1248cc.

Bore out the cylinders .025mm. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 22116
Location: A City near Birmingham
Sussex wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
If the regs state "minimum 2ltr" for engines and a 2ltr is actually 1968cc....reckon id get away with it?

Yes.

But I'm amazed any council sets a minimum 2 litre requirement in 2019.


This was for the "exec plate"

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 22116
Location: A City near Birmingham
roythebus wrote:
grandad wrote:
Ours used to state 1250cc but they wouldn't plate a car that was 1248cc.

Bore out the cylinders .025mm. :)


or just change the V5

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:16 pm
Posts: 148
Location: glasgow
up here they got it changed to the power output of the vehicle as it was felt the capacity limits were out of date

_________________
i started out with nothing and ive still got most of it left


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:45 am
Posts: 9826
Location: Clandestine, soon to be Russia.
wannabeeahack wrote:
jimbo wrote:
So what would happen if you wanted to put on an electric car?

What size “engine” would that have to be.

Or tell them you want to save the planet.


A council up in "Nige" land refused to plate a Tesla as it was 0cc



Ha ha that was epic...he went over the border and got plated there in a day. Mansfield Council were like rabbits in headlights that day.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group