Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 7:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Clutch Judder
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:49 pm 

Had a new clutch fitted recently on my 1999 406 1.9D. The old one started slipping, and therefore requred replacing. The new clutch felt fine up untill a few days ago when the car started juddering when pulling off in 1st gear, and it also does it in reverse gear. It only seems to happen once the engine/clutch gets hot. Anyone else experienced anything like this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:20 pm 

Yeah I had the same thing, Had mine replace at a MR Clutch coz it was cheaper than the mechanic I usually go to, bit of false economy I think. Plus Mr Clutch only gave me a warrenty for 3000 miles "Coz your a taxi mate!" 3 weeks isn't much good to me! Needless to say I aint going there again. Mines going in for a service tomorrow so I'll let you know what the mechanic says

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:52 pm 

echo15 wrote:
Yeah I had the same thing, Had mine replace at a MR Clutch coz it was cheaper than the mechanic I usually go to, bit of false economy I think. Plus Mr Clutch only gave me a warrenty for 3000 miles "Coz your a taxi mate!" 3 weeks isn't much good to me! Needless to say I aint going there again. Mines going in for a service tomorrow so I'll let you know what the mechanic says

They may think they can get away with a 3,000 mile warrenty, but the small-claims court and/or trading standards will differ. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:16 pm 

That's handy to know Sussex thanks :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:51 am 
Take it back and quote the "Supply of Goods and Services Act" at them and watch how quick they sort the problems out.

Post subject: Re: Clutch Judder
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:32 pm 

LeonElport wrote:
Had a new clutch fitted recently on my 1999 406 1.9D. The old one started slipping, and therefore requred replacing. The new clutch felt fine up untill a few days ago when the car started juddering when pulling off in 1st gear, and it also does it in reverse gear. It only seems to happen once the engine/clutch gets hot. Anyone else experienced anything like this?

Did they replace the whole clutch or just the friction plate? sounds like the pressure plate springs.